Saturday, July 13, 2013

a royal birthday

July 8th was my birthday! And it was the greatest birthday.  I mean... I was in London.  How could it not be?

The stay started up with me waking up BEFORE my alarm clock (see my body knows it's 20) and walking out to my living room with a table full of flowers, candy and a card! And my cute roomies making me french toast! So obviously that made it the best.
Peanut butter kit kats are the greatest thing on this planet...and notice a peanut butter theme? They know me so well.

The next portion of my day consisted of 4 hours of class.  Being a July baby, I've NEVER had to go to school on my birthday, so this was an adjustment.  And I had an essay due, and a presentation! Booo.  But all is well and it flew by and I got me some Diet Coke.

After class, my friends led me to my day.  I wasn't allowed to know any plans.  We got off at the Covent Garden tube stop and went to Shake Shack! It had only opened a few days early, so the line was long but well worth it.  Everyone who worked there was so nice, and everyone working sung Happy Birthday to me! Then while we were eating, a man in a suit came up to our table and asked whose birthday it was, then gave me a free shirt! Also there was a free photo booth so we took a ton of pics of course

Yummy shake shack!

After we wandered around Covent Garden, which was perfect because it is my favorite place to wander around.  I've been there way too many times for the amount of time I've been in London.  We tried on diamond rings in a jewelry store, tested make up at Chanel and looked at the out door markets. We waited outside of the Apple store so I could check for missionary emails! I got lots of love, pictures and hilarious voice recordings from my friends. Made my day. Then we went to go pick up my birthday present to myself... a satchel from the Cambridge Satchel Company complete with a monogram. 

After we shopped some more in Covent Gardens (seriously, how well do my friends know me?) and went into Kate Spade, Ted Baker, Michael Kors and Cath Kidston.  We just window shopped because those stores a bitttt expensive.  Except at Cath Kidston.  It's exclusively in the UK and it's the cutest store ever.  After shopping excursions, I headed back to my flat and skyped friends and family.  Then we got all dolled up and out for our next adventure.  

They took me to Chipotle, which is my favorite food IN THE WORLD.  Then we hopped on a tube off to our next adventure.  Well the tube was EMPTY and we were having a party on the way to the next stop.  We were having so much fun that we accidentally got on the wrong tube.  But all was well because we got to out final stop... a Karaoke club.  We jammed out to Britney and stood out like sore thumbs because everyone there was super indie and we're super not. Getting back was an adventure because all the tubes were closed.  We decided to hail a cab, and we thought it'd be super expensive because we literally thought we were miles upon miles away from London. But the cab ride was like 10 minutes so apparently we live close to some sketchy clubs!


After we came back and had some cake and I skyped my parents.  It was seriously the best day ever and I was so blessed to spend it with amazing people and in the most amazing place in the world.







0 comments:

Post a Comment