The day started out with a run. A run! You always hear me talk about my food and stuff, but yes world, I exercise too (and by that I mean I've worked out twice this whole time). Anyways! After we did the most American thing we could think of... donuts (there goes that run). OH but these donuts were.to.die.for. I got a toffe filled and a double chocolate. Mmm mmm MMM.
Abs and I
the gang a lang and our patriotic outfits
After we headed to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. We had two walks there (which I just found out were optional boooo) but they were fun! And pretty. We went to the top of some monumental arch there that was built for the Queen Mum! We also got to see the outside of Kensington Palace (post on the inside coming later). We also decided to take a pit stop by the BYU London Centre... just ask me how sad I am that we aren't living there. Literally 5 minutes from Kensington Palace (my favorite place). But we are all independent in our own flats, so it's all alright. Oh and it's in a super fancy area, we saw three Porsche's while we were there...and we were only there for 5 minutes. We also sat in some beach chairs along the lake at Hyde Park until someone came and kicked us out because supposedly we had to pay for them...? Oops. We obnoxiously sung God Bless the U.S.A
My BFF
Hyde Park with my flat mates
After the walk, we headed over to the grand opening of FIVE GUYS! There was a long line, but my group got there right when everyone else got to the front, so we luckily didn't have to wait. A good ole fashioned burger was exactly what we needed. And what a way to celebrate America right? Plus they actually had a soda fountain so I could happily control my ice to diet coke to lemonade ratio. Because that's what freedom is about.
Five Guys
After we walked around Covent Gardens a bunch, which is another one of my favorites. We got a lot of funky looks and a few "USA" chants so that was nice. A side note.... after all that diet coke, we had to use the restroom real bad. And as I've said, London has NO public bathrooms. We were literally on the verge of tears. But we found some in the opera house! Heaven bless the opera! Some of the group ventured back to the apartment, but a few of us stayed back. We stumbled among a bunch of college kids doing a pub crawl. Everyone was a littttle bit tipsy so we decided to have a little fun with it. We literally led the whole group with some guy names Xerras who had a flag has a cape. After some random acts of kissing between people may or may not have taken place, we ditched everyone at the next pub cause we aren't into that and decided to walk home. It was a long walk, but so much fun. That night we watched Pitch Perfect. So it was a super American day.
we found an AFRICA centre. You know I love me some Africa..
xox








0 comments:
Post a Comment