Yesterday after we came home and did some homework, we headed over to the London Eye. I won't lie, I was a little nervous because I am terrified of ferris wheels and the ferris wheel at California Adventure was one of thee worst ride experiences of my life... Anyways, it wasn't bad at all! It was just so cool. We could see everything! Saint Pauls, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park and just so many cool buildings. After that we crossed Westminster bridge to Big Ben! It's amazing, yet one of the creepiest experiences we've had so far. Everyone approached us? It was weird. After we walked to Buckingham Palace. Just a note... if you are visiting London go to the Palace just before sunset. It was EMPTY. We were able to take all the pictures we wanted without randoms in the background, it was great. After we wandered back to a tube station which is apparently shut down now? So we walked back towards Big Ben and seeing it lit up at night made me think of Peter Pan. We stayed up way too late last night and waking up for 8:30 class was a STUGGLE. I've probably had ten hours of sleep total since I've been here.
See how empty it was??
Statue in front of the Palace
My roommate Kelsey and I in front of Big Ben
Just waiting for my Prince Harry
Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
Today was our first day of class! We walked and it wasn't bad, just a little less than a mile. We've learned so much already. It kind of feels like my brain is about to explode, yet I love it. After class we took the tube over to Westminster and did a walk for our London Walks class. We walked on the opposite side of the Thames and had an awesome view of Big Ben and Parliament. After, we met back up with our group and did a tour of Westminster. Sadly, we couldn't have cameras in there. I wish I could show some pictures! It was so amazing. I just channeled Kate every time I walked down the middle of the abbey towards the altar...it's fine. We saw the coronation chair and a lot of tombs. The architecture is unreal and it's hard to believe that it was built so long ago, yet it's so complex. Our tour guide was darling and knew so many facts.
After this we went to HARRODS! Oh. My. WORD. We only went to the first two floors (the food floors haha) and I was amazed. My roommate and I are going to go back one day and see the whole thing. We went to Laduree again (whoops) and got delicious food.
Laduree
The eye!
Westminster!
I love it.
Oh and my bags came!! Happy day!









I read this blog post. It was nice. You said "stuggle" but maybe you meant struggle?
ReplyDelete