Ok. Before I write about my days I'm going to get real sappy. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I'M HERE. Not that I ever wasn't excited... I mean I would get teary eyed listening to songs that even mentioned London. But I was just a tad scared. This is the first thing I've done by myself.... As in, without friends or family. I've always been with Hayley (miss you woman!) or my family. But besides the usual "oh wish they were here" feelings, I've been A ok! The people I'm here with are amazing. And I'm so happy I met them. And we just have so. much. fun. So yeah.
Ok real life stuff now. Lessss see. I have no pictures from Thursday! Weirddd right? Well Thursday we wake up early for class and this time it was much better because the four hours were split between two classes. WAIT. I do have pictures. Well of food, naturally. After class we went to this darling farmers market at the University of London and it was full of college kids. We were pretty excited because we felt like we hadn't seen anyone under 30 since we've been here. This was my BOMB wild boar patty sandwich.
After that we went over to the British Museum for an assignment. THAT PLACE. It's huge and has so much stuff! We looked at the Sutton Hoo stuff we were supposed to for class then we wandered over to the Rosetta Stone and Cleopatra's tomb! We are definitely going back there. Our directors said we could go in everyday for the rest of the semester and see something new each time.
After the museum, we went on one of our walks. It was all through the financial district which is so fancy and I love it. We found another Laduree, but witheld this time (baby steps). We also stopped by this place... Harry Potter anyone?
(Diagon Alley from the first movie)
We also went to the Monument which was built in honor of the fire that burnt down a lot of London in 1666. It was about 15 stories of a windy narrow staircase andddd I had shaky legs all the way down. But the views from the top were cool
(Tower Bridge from the Top)
(The staircase)
Thursday night was probably one of the most hilarious nights we've had. I don't even know why? But we were those annoying people on the the Tube who were laughing so hard and talking about kinda awkward stuff. It's fine. We went to institue for the YSA ward! And as a plus (you know besides the mid week spiritual enlightenment) there was free food and wifi. Holla. And the church is in the NICEST part of town. We all want to split a town home there (in our dreams). After Institute we stopped and bought snacks for our day trip. All the Coke bottles here have names on them, and I found my nephew's name! There isn't a ton of stuff with his name on it so I had to document it.
Ok Friday (gol this post is long, but it's like my journal so it's justified right? Today was amazing. Cause today's Friday? This all seriously feels like a week ago. OK. First was Stonehenge. Which was unreal. Just a bunch of rocks in the middle of nowhere, but they are SO OLD. And the fact that they've just stayed that way for such a long time is amazing. We were speculating wizardry the whole time.
Next stop was Gloucester Abbey. It was ruins of an Abbey that had been there forever but was abandoned during King Henry VIII's reign. We had a cute little tour guide all dressed up in medieval garb and showed us the abbey like it was all complete. Then the coolest thing ever happened. We went into the Kitchen and our guide said we should sing because the acoustics were real good in their. First a girl in our group sang and she did AMAZING. Then we all sung hymns and we legitimately sounded like the motab. We sung about three or four and I got the chills, it was just so cool. Oh we also hiked to the top of this thing called "The Tor." So my roommate and I bought matching bedazzled animal sweaters (don't hate us cause you ain't us) and I sweated so much (TMI?) Like I almost didn't go up. But it was so windy that I dried up real fast (ok definitely TMI) and the views were UNREAL.
the kitchen we sang int
we climbed to the little thing up top
panorama featuring Kels
The Tor
Next was Bath. Holy BATH. That town is amazing.. And darling. I want to live there. One of the books we had to read for this trip, Persuasion by Jane Austen, has a lot of scenes from. First we went to the actual Roman Baths. They were awesome, and hot. And we all touched the water even though there were signs everywhere saying not to. But we just wan't some healing powers ok? After that we wandered around Bath and went to Putney Bridge and the river walk.
Putney Bridge
The Baths
Abby and I and our new BFs
We didn't get back until about 9 and went straight for food. We went to this little pub literally 5 steps away from our apartment. I got a steak sandwich, and it may have been the greatest. We stayed forever and had girl gab about first kisses, worst kisses, creepy boys and the works. I love the people I'm with... And I'm going to WIMBLEDON tomorrow. Can't wait. You best believe I'm sporting my classiest garb and Wimbledon white!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment